performance piano policies

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:38:42 -0600

Hi Alan,

Here at BYU No one except the techs and a few professors have access to
the performance pianos. (Except for stage managers who set up for
concerts) They are kept in a closet and locked. Occasionally an upper
level student may practice on one prior to a recital, but their
professor must be present. We DO NOT ever let students have access to
those pianos under any other circumstances.

Jim Busby

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Alan McCoy
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 2:05 PM
To: CAUTlist
Subject: performance piano policies

Hi,

We are revisiting our policy regarding use of our performance pianos. I
am
curious as to what other schools policies are in this regard. That is,
do
you keep your pianos under tight lock and key available to only piano
majors, rehearsal only, open to all, etc? This will be the first time
for me
to engage in specific conversation with our faculty about this, but I am
sure my predecessor did work out some kind of policy. Any thoughts or
suggestions?

Thanks.

Alan