bobbling hammers, again

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:59:05 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/03 5:38:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
ed440@mindspring.com writes:

> What I'm imagining is an action that is rigged to have as many of the
> subtle frustrations (such as Wim's backcheck problems) as could be fitted into 88
> keys.  The object would be to learn to diagnose quickly, mostly by touch,
> without pulling the stack.
>
> If anyone has a Steinway action about to be ditched, I would undertake the
> rigging!
>
> Ed Sutton

If I recall, I think Michael Travis gave a class on back checks at one of the
conventions, I don't remember which one, but it was a well attended class.
Maybe we could ask him to offer that class again, and incorporate some of the
things we talked about.

Wim