Yamaha Key bushings (ideas how to remove)

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 01:36:39 EST

In a message dated 1/21/2003 7:33:02 PM Pacific Standard Time, PNOTNR@aol.com
writes:

> Subj: Re: Yamaha Key bushings (ideas how to remove)
>  Date: 1/21/2003 7:33:02 PM Pacific Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:PNOTNR@aol.com">PNOTNR@aol.com</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:caut@ptg.org">caut@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>
>    Gordon

      Speaking of institutional work has made me wonder if leather bushings
would be a better choice for key bushing material. I've found that in heavy
use/abuse situations that a new set of felt key bushings can be used up
within a year. I've noticed some very ancient European pianos with the
original Leather bushings intactand still well fit after a century of use. Is
any one out there using leather routinely that can provide a bit of feedback
as to the wear factor?
   Dale Erwin
   First Post on Caut list
   Former pianotechy list deserter