Yamaha Key bushings (ideas how to remove)

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:32:05 EST

Thanks David,

I did manage to get them out (finally) but I probably used twice as much
steam as I usually do.. Perhaps it's because these were fairly new keys (?)
I was just worried that too much water would create problems

Everything turned out fine.  Keys are back in the piano, and I didn't have to
do any easing of the new bushings.  (some of the balance holes were pretty
tight, but the music building at Colby usually has an RH level around 15%
this time of year so I think they'll dry quickly!)

Gordon Large, RPT
(Colby College, Waterville, ME)