shell-shock

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 14:39:20 -0800

Otto, I'm wondering if shellac would block like that, preventing further
applications from
wicking in. It is awfully soluble in alcohol. Is it possible that keytop is
more impenetrable than shellac, after setting up? Also, shellac is sort of
brittle, so a little squeezing with pliers after it has dried might break
it up enough to let more solution into the deeper parts of the hammer.

I suppose I could experiment on some old, soft hammers and see. If I used
one of the more colored shellacs, I could determine better where the solids
are ending up.

Susan