Shop ventilation

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:19:31 -0500

Hi Lance,
I don't have experience with it yet, but our school has done a=20
"feasibility study" of building a new concert hall, and I asked for a=20
larger space to be included for a piano shop, including a room exactly=20=

like yours for occasional plate spraying, etc.  I was told the cost of=20=

such a room would be around $1 million due to OSHA requirements, and=20
not to expect it.

Go figure.
Jeff Tanner
U of S. Carolina

On Sunday, December 7, 2003, at 09:48 AM, Lance Lafargue wrote:

> List,
>
> Can anyone help me with ventilation solutions? =A0I have a new 12x15=92=20=

> workspace and I will be using lacquer to harden hammers, some light=20
> aerosol spraying of lubricants, lacquer, etc., and need to run a=20
> simple vent out of a commercial roof to keep the smell/toxins out of=20=

> other rooms adjacent.=A0I thought several of you likely had experience=20=

> with this.=A0Thanks!
>
> =A0
>
> Lance Lafargue, RPT
>
> LAFARGUE PIANOS