HT Help

Richard Adkins RADKINS@coe.edu
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:55:04 -0600

Wm,

I should think that the scale of the Boston would be quite
different from the Yamaha.

Many Bostons are quite a bit darker than most Yamahas. So,
even though you're tunining a Jousse temperament, you will
have to adjust it to the Boston's overtones,stretch et al, etc....it will not
match up to his expectations of what a Yamaha gives. I should
think that the middle of the piano would be about the same, though.
So perhaps it is all in the adjustments/or spreading of the temperament
beyond the tempered octave.

So where is this Yamaha, and can you get a listen to it? Maybe you
can put the SATIII on it, and get the readings. It might be that this
Jousse-tempered Yamaha, is not even in tune with _ it's own_ Jousse temperament now. How much can be attributed to idealized memory
of this tempering?

You are a good man for trying so hard, I think!

Jousse one man's opinion...

Richard