HT help(EBVT)

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:43:13 +0000

As to tuning Owen's offsets for EBVT

Avery,

Yes, I did try it on a couple of pianos.  I don't remember the specific
reason for leaving it behind, though.  I think it had something to do with
the Ab triad being a little too tempered for my liking.  Not enough thirds
'below' the ET line to justify the thirds 'above'.  It was during this same
time that a few of us were beginning to investigate the m3/M3 ratio in
existing temperaments and using that to develop new ones.  Try Bob Wendell's
Natural, for an example of using the m3/M3 effect to the maximum limits.

Ron Koval

Ron,

Just out of curiosity, have you tried Owen's offsets for BB's temperament?

Avery