Hammers

Richard Adkins RADKINS@coe.edu
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:22:13 -0600

Friends,
The Abel glossy color brochure lists many types of
hammers that are "Suitable for"...Bechstein, Baldwin, Yamaha, Steinway,
Bosendorfer, Schimmel, etc....but they don't claim to be the supplier
in that brochure. See also:

http://www.abel-pianoparts.de/e3_2.htm

lists some mfg. but I'm not certain they are the official hammers, or
just "suitable for" :-|

I do believe that Bechstein is using Abel hammers. But if a customer
does not know the name Bechstein, I cannot see how it will
sell a hammer job.

Seiler uses Abel, and many others now.
I believe Schimmel uses Renner.
Hamburg Steinway hammers are made for them by Renner,
but they are not the same as Renner hammers you would
buy from Renner USA.

Estonia was using Renner, but now uses Abel, I believe.

But you must ask each mfg.

I have read that Baldwin uses a Renner hammer mfg. to their
specs.

Well, that's all I'm abel to say about it,

Richard