Tuning lever tip: quality of fit?

Michael Gebhardt michael.gebhardt@swipnet.se
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:11:20 +0100

Hi everyone!

I've just started to teach myself tuning. I've ordered a
tuning lever with a #2 star Hale-tip and found it to be
rocking quite a lot when placed on a tuning pin and find
that rather disturbing.

Since I have no experience telling me just how much rocking
is normal, I ask you to give me a hint so I know if I might
have obtained a tip which is unnormally badly fitting.

The amount of rocking varies across tuning pins, and using
the tip wrench I can also say that it varies depending on
which corner of the wrench contacts which edge of the star.

Thanks in advance for any hints

Michael