Harpsichord Wire

Stephen Snyder shsnyder@sover.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:36:24 -0500

Dear Friends,

I service a harpsichord built by Eric Herz in 1969.  2 manuals, 2- 8ft, =
1- 16ft and 1 - 4ft.  Several strings have broken in the lowest octave =
in both the 8 ft and 4 ft registers.  The wire is not steel - some looks =
like brass and some looks like copper.
 3 questions - 1. Does any one have experience with this type of =
instrument?  2.  What exactly is this wire made of? and=20
3.  Where can I get the wire.  Any help would be gratly appreciated.

Regards,
Steve

Stephen Snyder
Piano Technician