Repair Question

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue Jun 18 08:34 MDT 2002

In a message dated Tue, 18 Jun 2002  9:17:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, atodd@UH.EDU writes:

> List,
>
> I have a wippen from a M & H 'A' with a broken jack spring loop.
> In all these years that's a repair I've never had to make. Just
> lucky, I guess. :-)
>
> Can someone give me some guidance on the best way to repair it?
> It looks like just a small dowel driven into the hole that
> holds
> the cord loop there. Correct?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Avery
> University of Houston

Avery

Drill out the plug with a 1/16" drill. (I do this with a dremmel. Using some sort of thread, (you can even use thin fishing line), loop it and push the loop up through the hole, and attach the spring to it. Pull down on the loop until you have the right tension on the spring, and insert a toothpick in the hole from underneath. If the toothpick is the right size, it should jam in there. If it is too thin, you might want to add a drop or two or super glue. Cut off the toothpick and the line off the bottom of the wippen.

Wim.

If you ever happen to be at a seminar where I am giving my "Preparing the grand action for regulation" class, I'll show you how it's done.