you can pay me now....

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon Jul 1 18:46 MDT 2002

In a message dated 7/1/02 7:30:06 PM Central Daylight Time, vem@email.byu.edu
writes:

> Here's what I think (and I try not to do this too often).  The key to
> keeping
> the instruments at as high a level as possible with the resources at hand,
> not
> just linearly looking at expenses alone, is to get reinforcements.  As Jeff
> the
> administrator said (at the CAUT forum), we have to get other people, such
> as
> faculty, with us to reinforce our points when approaching the
> administrators.
> More than once said he that, or something like that.
> vince

Yes, Vince, he said that. And having advocates will help us. But the bottom
line is still the bottom line. No matter how many of your friends on the
faculty support you, unless they monetary issue makes sense, it isn't going
to go very far. Faculty support will help, but it won't do it all.

Thanks for your comments

Wim