you can pay me now....

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon Jul 1 18:54 MDT 2002

ilvey@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Yeah and the pianos would be trashed in 5 years and hard for the leasing
> company to resell...might need to drop that lease period to 2 or 3
> years...I suppose this is similar to what Yamaha is doing with the school
> program but the pianos don't cost the schools anything?  I'm sure schools
> do a lot of leasing of office equipment etc...straight ahead write off...

I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you talking about a leasing
program or a loan program? If it is a loan program, as Andrew said, a dealer
can pull out any time. That is what happened to us. We just lost 12 pianos,
and now we have to spend $200,000, which we wanted to use to buy percussion
and other equipment, to buy 12 new pianos.  And under a loan program, the
school is responsible for the maintenance. So there is no savings there. And
a leasing program will cost way too much money over a long period of time, as
I indicated before.

Wim