Workload-"condition"

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue Apr 30 15:36 MDT 2002

In a message dated 4/30/02 2:22:54 PM Central Daylight Time, fssturm@unm.edu
writes:

> one small part of the Guidelines - the workload formula. The workload
> formula is the only portion of the Guidelines I have been addressing.
> Fred

That is what I am addressing too, Fred, the workload Formula. And that is
what your quote is referring to: "At the same time, several shortcomings have
been pointed out by those familiar with the document, particularly with
regard to the Workload Formula."

Fred, my formula address the problem you brought up, and I quote: "It's
obvious from some of the comments I have read both on list and privately that
a large number of CAUTs don't really understand how it works, and find it
rather forbidding." If the CAUT formula is so successful, then perhaps "the
list of those who endorsed
the existing Guidelines document," isn't as long as you want it to be.

Fred, if you see an inherent problem with my formula, point it out. That is
what I want to see.  But don't dismiss it just because you've been working on
the CAUT for over two years, and don't want to see another idea.

Wim