Piano Apartment

Thu Apr 25 10:33 MDT 2002

Avery,

At 10:26 04/25/2002 -0500, you wrote:

so I had the contractor install a carpeted
>(padded) bumper for the sides and tail made with 2x10's, I believe.
>It has to be thick enough so that when bumped at the tail or side,
>the overhang doesn't touch the wall.

I'm drawing up plans right now and will use 2x6's. A couple of the pianos
which might get put in there have skid rails already on them, and a
carefully positioned 2x6 will fit between and still function w/o moving
treble side into the opposite wall. I'm already planning it wide enough to
be able to wiggle the wheels to pull it back out, but an extra inch might
make it too tight. Besides, those skid bars would dig/tear into the carpet.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)