Statement?

Michael Jorgensen jorge1ml@cmich.edu
Tue Apr 23 06:56 MDT 2002

Hello,
    IMHO the "Guidelines" should in include the following or similar
statement:

"We strongly recommend piano technicians report exclusively to the
department chair, director, or dean of music   Because the service is
vital to the well being of the entire school, and must balance
appropriately the needs of all constituencies, it should not be
subjugated to a lesser authority.   This  helps to ensure that, as
highly paid professionals, technician time and resources are used most
wisely."

     I believe reporting structure is critical to our success, salary,
status, growth,  and all other perks.   This conclusion is based on my
experiences,  (17 years full-time at CMU, 4 years contracting two other
universities, and growing up the son of a CAUT with thirty plus years at
MSU).

Comments?

-Mike