bearing, loose bridge pins leading to Wapin considerations

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat Apr 6 16:34 MST 2002

>Your statement,  "the string on a vertical pin will be less likely to be
>seated on the bridge as
>the bridge shrinks" isn't clear concerning a Wapin bridge.  You haven't
>indicated whether your model has the standard Wapin configuration.

Just because there is no clamp at the vertical pin.

>As far as I know, it
>has been the experience of all involved with Wapin that the strings stay
>seated to the bridge better with the Wapin configuration.

Better than what? And how determined?

>As some have been stating in this thread, seating the middle of the bridge is
>a desirable thing.  The trapping pin helps the string stay seated to the
>middle of the bridge, that seems to be holding true.

I don't think pins ever become un-seated from the middle of the bridge
unless there is negative bearing, trapping pin or not.

> I would like to see your data for a standard Wapin Bridge, not just a
>perpendicular front pin.  There is a difference.

The data I have is what I posted regarding friction and pin angles. I have
no information specific to Wapin.

>As we have some true scientists studying the Wapin Bridge, I myself am not
>totally up to speed all the data we at Wapin have.  Michael Wathen is
>presently uploading some of Bob Coleman's (NASABob) data onto our website.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Ron N