Concert grand

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 26 11:07 MST 2001

Hi Dave,
             We have two older CF,s and a Bossy, at our University.
I own a CF111 and an SD10 very few artist will play the Steinways with either
the Regina or Saskatoon Symphony"s, But rent one of our concert grands. Both
conductors recommend to performers that they try all pianos and make a
selection.
Fairly recently,  Angela Hewitt, a Steinway Artist, chose the CF111 over the
Steinway for an all Bach programme. A review in the London Times compared this
lady to Glen Gould in abilities. FWIW.
University of Calgary has a CF111, and I know Marcel Carey has one at his
University in Quebec.
A low maintenance and good instrument in the scheme of things.
Steinway's for the most part have a poor reputation in this area. Well earned,
from their many years of poor service in this area, and poor quality products
Early 70's production.
Roger