Concert grand

Charles K. Ball ckball@mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 25 19:47 MST 2001

Hi Dave,

I believe that Southwest Texas in San Marcos and the University of
Texas San Antonio music departments both have CFIII's.  I have done
concert prep on these instruments and believe that they are fine
instruments, somewhat like fine European pianos.

Since most classically trained pianists prefer Steinway, and since
your students will mostly perform upon Steinway pianos, I believe
that every music school should have at least one good Steinway D for
student, faculty, and guest artist performance.  After that need is
satisfied, I think that it is desirable to expose your students to a
variety of fine instruments.

Regards,

Charles

--