Concert grand

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 25 19:29 MST 2001

Hi David,
We have one here at Acadia University, School of Music, in Wolfville =
Nova Scotia, in the recital hall.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David M. Porritt=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2001 8:42 PM
  Subject: Concert grand

  The decision has been made to purchase a Yamaha CFIIIS for our recital =
hall.  We have two Steinway "D"s in there and one will be replaced.  Our =
chairman was told by an unhappy dealer, that we will be one of only 5 =
music schools that have a Yamaha in their recital hall.  I told him, =
that those kind of statistics would be very difficult to obtain, and =
that I have serious doubts about the veracity of that statement. =20

  Our Artist in Residence (a Steinway artist) liked this particular =
Yamaha very much as did another prominent - and somewhat biased - =
Steinway artist in New York.  On the strength of these two artists, whom =
I know and respect, I certainly raised no objections to the Yamaha =
purchase.  We hadn't found any other pianos that were really special.

  Does anyone have an idea of how common CFIIISs are in music schools?  =
I just can't believe that they are that rare.

  dave

-----
  David M. Porritt
  dporritt@swbell.net