NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSITS?

David Skolnik skolnik@attglobal.net
Wed Jan 17 09:42 MST 2001

Thanks to all who have responded thus far.  Sometimes, less is less.  My
original message was not as clear in its intent as it might have been,
though the responses it generated were nevertheless interesting.  I was
specifically inquiring about piano sales, not rebuilding situations, and
mostly concerned with policies of established retail  venues, as opposed to
an occasional  sale.  What's more, I was attempting to put into perspective
one such policy that I have recently encountered, not elicit sanction for
such conduct for myself.

Finally, Jon P.,  the word 'extract'  seemed the most suitable in
attempting to describe my sense of the way this particular operation
handles such transactions.

David Skolnik