"Temporary" voicing

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Wed Apr 11 11:39 MDT 2001

After this one gig I hope it never leaves here again.

dave
*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 4/11/01 at 10:52 AM Joe & Penny Goss wrote:
Hi Dave,
If this situation is going to be a regular occurance why not consider=
 purchase of another set of hammers and shanks?
Replace and regulate to each when necessary.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: David M. Porritt
To: caut@ptg.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 10:20 AM
Subject: "Temporary" voicing

We got our new Yamaha CFIIIS 3 weeks ago, and it is very nice.  Nice round=
 tone perfect for our 500 seat recital hall.

Now, next week it will be moved to the Meyerson Symphony Hall to be used in=
 a concerto.  Our artist-in-residence likes the sound as it is now for our=
 hall, but in competing with the orchestra next week, wants some extra=
 "zip" to the top octave or so.

Can anyone thing of an appropriate way to voice this up, then successfully=
 bring it back down after the concerto performance?  Unless I hear some=
 better idea, I'll probably keytop the last octave or so, then steam it=
 down when it gets back.  I really hate doing this to a brand new piano,=
 but....  On the other hand, I guess this is why Yamaha sells replacement=
 hammers!

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net