Turbo whipping....oooh I like the sound of that!

Daniel Dover Daniel.Dover@Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Sep 18 06:33 MDT 2000

--- Mark Cramer wrote:
I'll clarify the question, as you may or may not have seen the booklet Lloyd
provides with the "turbo-wips."

Against our best judgement, the diagram shows a pair of needle-nosed pliers
gripping the spring half-way between the coil and the hook.  The caption
reads "place a small bend here."

No doubt, the excellent instructions are from either Rick B. or Chris R., so
I may contact them to see exactly what they had in mind.

--- end of quote ---

I learned the hard way that this is definitely NOT the place to put the bend. I
installed a set in a 'D' that also needed long hammer tails. The result was that
the tails were hitting the springs on the rebound, sometimes disengaging them in
the process. I solved that problem by putting a cove in the backs of the tails.
A straight spring adjusted at the coil would not have presented this problem.

Danny Dover
Dartmouth College
Hanover, NH