Yamaha problem

Robert Moffatt moffattr@cadvision.com
Sat Sep 16 14:15 MDT 2000

Avery,

Not a bother at all.
It has been mentioned that metal fatigue in the bushing clips could be =
the problem.
Highly unlikely, but not to be ruled out. Rebushing the lift rail guide =
bushings will eliminate
any squeaks, groans etc. At the same time , polishing the lift rod will =
certainly help in this
area as well, but has nothing to do with uneven damper lift. It has also =
been mentioned
that movement in the action rail due to a "flattened rubber foot" ( it's =
called an upright
action cap ) could correct the problem...no. The action cap serves only =
to straighten the
intentional bend in the rail when the action is securely in place. If =
there is as much uneven
lift as you indicate, the action rail has been bent. Straightening the =
rail should be the remedy.
Replacing the rail a sure cure. There are, as in all piano work, a lot =
of grey areas surrounding
this particular problem. With this fix I'm assuming the piano has not =
been tampered with. Probably
dropped or fallen over.... the usual cause in my experience.
If you discover any other peculiarities...don't hesitate to write.

Best wishes,=20

Bob Moffatt
Yamaha Authorised
Factory Trained Technician