help now, SVP

Wolfley, Eric (WOLFLEEL) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Sep 13 07:17 MDT 2000

I agree with Ron...the true test isn't how they come out of the box, it's
where they end up. I'd advocate not wasting too much time repinning until
the piano has been in service six months or so. Of course you'd have to do
something if they were swinging 20 times though. I've wasted a lot of time
repinning parts right out of the box only to find them loose as a goose in
six months. Some hold up better than others, some never change. We have the
advantage/curse of being able to follow up on our work and monitor how it
holds up under heavy use and bad climatic conditions. For a concert
instrument, I want to start out as close to specs as possible with the
understanding that I may have to repin very soon.

Eric

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati