Yamaha problem

Robert Moffatt moffattr@cadvision.com
Thu Sep 14 08:56 MDT 2000

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Roger Jolly <baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca>

Subject: Re: Yamaha problem

> Hi Avery,
>                Some of the older Yamaha bushing clips suffer from =
metal
> fatigue and bend. Don't try bending them unless you have a spare. =
OOPS!
> darn. How do I know. OOPS.
> The left hand bushing takes a beating over time, most often just =
rebushing
> the clip solves the problem.
In 26 years of Yamaha service...no metal fatigue. Maybe loose screws??
Rebushing will help squeaks..groans..etc. Never that much uneven damper
lift!=20
>There is a screw with a rubber foot on the action frame,at the treble =
break
> that rest against the plate web. If the rubber is fattened so you can =
flex
> the action rail inward, readjust or replace as this will increase =
stress on
> the bushing if loose.
I think you must mean "flattened" (fattened might fix it) upright action =
cap. The purpose of the
action cap screw is to eliminate the "intentional" bend in the =
"aluminium"
rail in order to achieve a straight action rail!=20
That amount of stress is insignificant pertaining to proper damper lift.
Once again...if the bushing is loose, rebush. This has nothing to do =
with
uneven damper lift! (unless the screws are very loose)  In many cases
the piano has been drooped, resulting in a "bent" action rail. Simply =
straightening
the rail will suffice.
> Make sure the bass keybed nosebolt is keeping the action secure.  The
> action may be moving before the damper starts to lift.
The action moving( before?) the dampers start to lift after
depressing the sustain pedal. We are leaving "basics" now!!!!=20
We are talking about depressing the sustain pedal first aren't we?

Bob Moffatt

No OOPS!!!