Turbo-whipping!

Hans E. Sanders hesand01@louisville.edu
Mon Sep 11 11:13 MDT 2000

We shouldn't make any nice, tidy, intuitive bends. The same principle applies to the butterfly repetition springs. If you have to increase or decrease wippen assist springs, the only way is to either tighten or loosen the coil by tightening or easing the tiny short end of the coils.  A short screwdriver blade is helpful. I prefer to work with a hollow brass tube, the hole just slightly larger than the diameter of the springwires diameter. It fits over the short end of the coil and enables me to do finer adjustments than with just a screwdriver blade.

Hans Sander, RPT
UofL, School of Music

>>> cramer@BrandonU.CA 09/11/00 12:09PM >>>
Anyone have a favourite method to calibrate wippen assist springs, ie: make
nice, tidy, intuitive bends?

Mark Cramer
Brandon University