"D" for dampers

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed Sep 6 16:26 MDT 2000

In a message dated 9/6/0 7:59:45 PM, cramer@BrandonU.CA writes:

<< It's time to fit our recital "D" with new damper felt.

Can anyone save me some time by recommending the right complement (sizes;

narrow bi-chord/wide bi-chord, thickness of flats, etc.) of felt strips?

Will use Renner (USA) most likely, however,  has anyone used the Yamaha felt

on a "D"? >>

Greetings,
    I am not happy about the looks, but the quietest felt I have found for
the D is the Steinway factory felt.  A factory sponsored technician told me
to be sure and order the Hamburg felt if I wanted a very even cut, but the
New York felt functions beautifully.  ( our latest temperament recording
project began with a brand new set, and there was no zinging to be removed in
the mix!)
Regards,
Ed Foote