"D" for dampers

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 7 04:08 MDT 2000

Hi Mark

I've not done it, but I've seen Yamaha CF damper felt used very successfully
on a "D", but the Renner stuff is also very good, readily available and
comes in a variety of sizes.

The other alternative is to get the S & S Hamburg felt. They cut their own,
and it's gorgeous! It comes already backed and cut into blocks....make sure
you're sitting down when you get the price. Hartwig Kalb should be able to
help you

hk@steinway.de

Re Front key pins

The only drama I see in using the wider ones might be that in using thinner
felt (to compensate), the longevity of the bushing might be compromised...a
bit.

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services
Canberra Australia

http://www.bolsius-pianoservices.com.au

Australian distributor for
Dampp-Chaser Climate Control Products
Louis Renner Piano Components and Tools
Reyburn CyberTuner Visual Tuning Software