Overnite relief

Wolfley, Eric (WOLFLEEL) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Fri May 12 11:35 MDT 2000

We have a S&S 'D' onstage here that was braided in that tenor section =
(by
whom nobody seems to know). In looking for more "sparkle" (or =
something) in
the tenor section, I finally noticed the braiding and removed it. Of =
course
a sympathetic ringing immediately appeared which I was able to easily =
track
down to one duplex segment on one note  (G#4, I think). I muted off =
that
string segment and the ringing ceased. The overall improvement was not
dramatic and may well have been imaginary, but removing the braiding =
did
seem to bring a bit more "life" to the tone.

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati

With