Overnite relief

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Fri May 12 12:08 MDT 2000

RE: Overnite reliefThe tenor section is braided for that very
reason...overring.  Braiding in this section will not affect the tone
whatever...the "whom nobody seems to know" was the factory worker at
Steinway!

David I.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Wolfley,
Eric (WOLFLEEL)
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2000 10:35 AM
To: 'caut@ptg.org'
Subject: RE: Overnite relief

We have a S&S 'D' onstage here that was braided in that tenor section (by
whom nobody seems to know). In looking for more "sparkle" (or something) in
the tenor section, I finally noticed the braiding and removed it. Of course
a sympathetic ringing immediately appeared which I was able to easily track
down to one duplex segment on one note  (G#4, I think). I muted off that
string segment and the ringing ceased. The overall improvement was not
dramatic and may well have been imaginary, but removing the braiding did
seem to bring a bit more "life" to the tone.

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati