Sizing Guide Rail Bushings

Allen Wright allen.wright@oberlin.edu
Thu Jun 22 13:34 MDT 2000

Newton,

Actually, I'm just spraying the silicon stuff into the little plastic box
that holds our collection of nails, and then inserting each nail into each
damper guide hole - so don't worry, no spraying within 300 yrs. of the piano
is happening. Hard to imagine the stuff creeping into the pinblock all the
way from the guide rail, but I'm certainly open to advice concerning silicon
in general. But wouldn't "strain reliever" sound like a useful function in
such a location and application (damper wires sliding up and down a bushed
hole)?

You can get back on the wagon now.

Allen