Flexible collodion for voicing hammers

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat Dec 4 07:54 MST 1999

> Ed, ether is the solvent for collodian. Flexible collodian is made of
> nitrocellulose dissolved in ether. Don't fall asleep on the job!

And for God's sake, do NOT smoke with that stuff around.  It is
explosively flammable.  It takes longer to set than keytops and
acetone, and forever feels tacky to the touch even years later when
you file the hammers.

It works, but I dropped using it some 15 years ago.

This stuff is used to provide an artificial skin for burn victims, by
the way.

		Newton