Flexible collodion for voicing hammers

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri Dec 3 23:46 MST 1999

Hi Ed:

In the UK it was common to use flexible collodion. It was usually thinned
with ether. It smells aweful so you must use good ventilation. The advantage
of it is that it sets up very rapidly. Collodion was originally used to
protect cuts and bruises to the skin. You may be able to find it at a drug
store.

Jim Coleman, Sr.