"genuine Steinway"

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Sun Mar 29 15:08 MST 1998

Dennis:

Since it is Steinway & Sons that is paying for the advertisments about
"genuine Steinway Parts" I think it is obvious what they mean by it.
Buy from Glorie or it aint real!  I don't let that stop me from
recommending other parts.  I have a piano coming in that I am going to
do a complete action job.  I mentioned to the customer my preference for
Renner action parts, but told her that Steinway spends a lot of money
advertising the "genuine..." idea.  I left the choice to her.  She
decided to go with "genuine".

I think it important - in view of Steinway's advertising and their trade
mark on the piano - to point out the difference.  Some of my customers
go with my recommendation of Renner, others choose Steinway.  For
obvious tort reasons, I want the choice to be theirs.

dave

--

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts