[pianotech] Good or bad, was Re: Credit Card Service providers - which one

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Fri Jan 25 19:50:34 MST 2013

 The other was that accepting or not accepting CC's does not define a good/bad business (person).

WRM

To all.

Here is a question. I'm not taking exception with what William says, but in general, how do you feel about a business that does not accept credit cards? I'm talking about hardware store, restaurants, service stations, etc. Is there some sort of perception about the quality of product or service one can expect from an establishment that does not accept cc's.  I'm not talking whether or not the business is successful or not. Just the perception about the quality of work.

I had to get the wheels of my suitcase replaced, and the only place in Honolulu that was able to do it was a small shoe repair shop, run by a Korean man. His work was OK, but I had to go to him four times over a 2 year period, and every time I came in his shop he acted like he had never seen me before. His shop was not very clean, and he only accepted cash. So here is a dirty shop, run buy a somewhat surly guy, that only accepted cash. My impression was not very favorable. The problem is, I don't know if I would have felt any different about him if he accepted cards.

Comments?

Wim