[pianotech] Receiving spam on your business email address.........

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Jan 21 21:21:52 MST 2013

Now.....are any of these suggestions using "web mail", if so I say NO to them.

I absolutely refuse to use "web mail" (which over the years, I have seen to many persons web mail address book get
hacked) - I only use an email client.

Here is my theory - and - so far - it has proven to be over 90% true...........

On web mail, - all - your email - and - your address book is stored on a server completely out of your control -
meaning, although this is NOT supposed to be happening - anyone (at the host site) that has access to that email server
can get to ANY part of your email "experience" that want to. Plus, if the host is a Windows based host, the risks are
even greater for hacking.

And, on an email client, your emails are stored on that "hosting" server just long enough to download it to your system
- so you have almost full control. Plus, regarding the email addresses, since they are stored on your local system -
there is a far greater chance that they will NOT be hacked.

Just my take................,
Duaine