[pianotech] Reducing tuning time (was Re: frustrated)

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Jan 21 18:06:50 MST 2013

There is a certain kind of piano which I find has better stability if I
very slowly ease up
to the pitch but not beyond, beating pretty vigorously on the note as I go.

If one pulls the pitch over, and then attempts to bang it back down, one
should go as little
over as possible. The smaller the adjustments, the better the stability
will be.

Susan