[pianotech] Pinblock Separation

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 11:33:59 MST 2013

My "thoughts" are that huge washers can be bought (2" or 3" O.D.) that are also quite thick (1/4") and that these will neither get "sucked" into the wood of the piano back (rendering the repair nearly useless) nor bend. Of course, the piano will have to be out from the wall a bit once the nuts are on the bolts and any excess bolt is sawed off, but I'd rather have that than a repair I need to worry about. (And the hex heads of the bolts in the piano's interior can be highly mirror-polished so that they are indistinguishable --to me, anyway-- from nickel plated.) It's been a couple of years since I bought such washers online, but I'll bet that Joe knows where best to get them.

Thumpe