[pianotech] kids pianos and...

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sat Jan 5 22:33:59 MST 2013

This one is easy for me.  I'm a dog lover, and enjoy meeting and greeting
my client's dogs, always asking the name, age, etc..  As Wim says, for many
folks these days, a dog is another child of the family, and folks
appreciate you taking time and interest in their dogs.  And I usually ask
them to leave the animals out because as Wim also pointed out, when the dog
is removed and not allowed to interact with me, that's when the barking and
other nuisance behavior often begins.  It's generally a win, win for me,
and I don't mind dog smell, or dog hair significantly.

But in the end, if you simply cannot work with a dog in the room, simply
ask the client to remove the dog to another room so you can concentrate.
 Just do it respectfully and it does not have to be a complex issue.

William R. Monroe