[pianotech] kids pianos and...

Tom Gorley tomgorley88 at sonic.net
Sat Jan 5 22:32:44 MST 2013

I'm with Wim.  If the owner greets me at the door while holding back the barking dog, I suggest that she release her hold and let the dog sniff me while un-emcumbered.  They hate to be restrained when a stranger has appeared.  After I get an olifactory I.D. check the dog calms right down.

If the dog is barking from another room, then again, I suggest that the dog be allowed in to identify who is in his territory.  Some dogs are immediately playful, while others are rather serious and let you know that this is their house, and I am just a guest.  The bottom line is that they are all quiet within a few minutes.

Then there are the dogs with a short memory.  Go out to your car . . .when you come back the barking starts again. No sniffing this time.  Only a reminder that this territory is his kingdom and I am one of the lower class.

---Tom Gorley