[pianotech] brass rail duplication

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu Sep 13 10:13:12 MDT 2012

Hi David:

Your version of my chart is frightening – you beamed it over to me, and
there are body parts scattered everywhere!

I’m not sure what you are asking about the chart, it’s just an simple Excel
spreadsheet with some flowers and potted plants, and no calculations even (I
did them myself!!).

I did not divulge the name of the guilty party because my family has been
threatened (just kidding!!).

How’s this for being coy:  it’s the only remaining supply house of the
original big three.  If you and my other brethren and sisteren can’t figure
it out from there, you are on your own.

I was arguing with the “technician” at said supply house, who thought the
discrepencies were insignificant, and I did not.  I was still clinging to
the now naïve expectation that they were capable of duplicating the part
with at least some semblance of exactness.  I told him that I would seek
other opinions than his and mine, and get back to him after getting some
back the first set he sent, since I have already done all the filing and
fitting I needed to make it work so that I could actually hang ALL of the
parts back on the rails.  I will move and mount the rails on my own, put the
action back in, adjust as needed, tune the piano,  lick my wounds,  and
collect the check.

You don’t have to worry about which house is the source of “duplicated”
rails and be confused.  They are the only one.  Hence their casualness.

I don’t think we can reawaken the craftsman in him.  He never got those
genes in the first place.

Will