[pianotech] More PianoDisc Help Please

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Sep 3 12:39:31 MDT 2012

Playing the setup CD all the way through gives zero net change, i.e., all
parameters are set back to default. You are supposed to use it to play
specific tracks to adjust a parameter one way or the other, but the final
track of each parameter is to choose default, therefore when you play it
from beginning to end it sets everything to default.

Bad smells are usually bad. You haven't given us a lot of info, but I would
suspect the solenoid on the key that was stuck has fried. And that has maybe
taken out a fuse on the power supply.

Have you checked voltages on the power supply? Do the CPU lights come on?
Can you test fire solenoids from the CPU test button?

If you have a 128/228 box you can bypass you IQ box to eliminate it and
airport from equation. The best way to diagnose these things is to eliminate
components.

I don't have much experience with iPads, but I do have a laptop that
absolutely will not play pianodisc music. I've also seen iPods that won't
work very well. So try different playback device.

Is this a brand new complete kit or an IQ retrofit?

PianoDisc tech support is often pretty helpful.

Dean

Dean W May                        (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com           (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802           Give us a LIKE on Facebook! Go to
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/PianoRebuilderscom/137780082943148>
PianoRebuilders.com

  _____