[pianotech] S&S K(52) Restoration

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Tue May 29 11:05:38 MDT 2012

This is what you need, all from Fastenal:  Idea from Ron Nossaman originally
I believe.

3/8"-16 x 4" Black Oxide Alloy Steel Cup Point Socket Set Screw

3/8-16 Nickel Plated Acorn Nut

3/8"-16 Zinc Finish Case Hardened Serrated Flange Nut

The Flange nut is inverted and epoxied in place along the length of the
Allen set screw so that the shank will protrude far enough above the plate
so that you can turn down the acorn nut without bottoming out before
touching the top of the plate.  An  allen wrench  in the head allows you to
adjust the screw up or down as needed.  Go to Fastenal.com and you will find
all these items.  Much cheaper than WNG bolts.

I have only used them on grands, but there is no reason why they would not
work on an upright equally well.

Will Truitt