[pianotech] stretch in tuning back to the original question please

tlneely tlneely at mindspring.com
Sat May 26 14:19:38 MDT 2012

OK,
Since my original question was hijacked( as I was afraid it might be)
by the vitriol of both sides of the ETD controversy against the other,
I am going to try once more to obtain information. Thanks to those of
you who tried to answer before.

Let me re-phrase the question, without the mention of ETDs(oops just did).

Regardless of what test interval one chooses to use, is it appropriate to
stretch octaves beyond that stretch indicated by that interval? If so, how
do you determine how much, since the test interval stretch is being disregarded?
Is it appropriate for example for C7 to be tuned at the theoretical megahertz
of C#7? C8 at C#8? Somewhere in between? The same question applies to the bass,
just in reverse. Is it a case of"use the force, Luke"?

Thanks again in advance for your help,
Terry Neely