[pianotech] Stretch in tuning

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Sat May 26 13:35:20 MDT 2012

Exactly, Ron. Pianos aren't tunable in any absolute sense; tuning is a custom,
artisanal, MUSICAL, inexact art and craft. Neck down. NOT neck up.
The body, having paid attention---hopefully---knows how to tune.
Simple. Anything but easy, given the self-scripted, endlessly repeating self- critique, but eminently doable and repeatable. Surrender to the sound and your body---no matter what the tool is.
DA

Sent from my iPhone