[pianotech] what woudl you do?

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 22:01:55 MDT 2012

Leave immediately. Your continued presence there, although you are in another room and "minding your business", just tuning the piano, puts you in danger of being charged with "contributing to the delinquincy of a minor".  Years ago, I was asked to play piano for a birthday party for the daughter of a woman I'd just restored an old upright for. I was surprised that as soon as I arrived, the woman departed for a "night out on the town" --leaving me with a house full of (minor) teenagers! But I'd agreed, so started playing..... But as soon as the booze was broken out and "hanky panky" was apparently ensuing in adjoining rooms, I split....... just in time to pass the police heading up the driveway, as I marched to my car!  I smiled, said "I have nothing to do with what is going on in there! I'm just the piano player!" while waving my hands in the air and making sure I looked totally eager to disavow myself from the premises and got out.....in
 the very nick of time!
(And never heard back from that customer....... thankfully!)

Thumpe