[pianotech] Another ETD check

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 13:46:09 MDT 2012

There are obvious anomalies being skirted in these tuning discussions.
Likely not intentionally, but the more detailed objective information we
can compile for comparison, the better our chances of actually learning
something useful.

Now let's hear from the CTEs and master tuning teams who have the data.
Has anyone done this?

Ron N
Yes Wookie-San, questions abound!  I have read about FAC numbers changing with the seasons, and there was some chatter on the Verituner list about not trustingsaved tunings....  I tried measuring a tuned and de-tuned piano to see if the Veritunercame up with different inharmonicity data, (it didn't) but haven't ever documented the seasonal swings.  (sounds like more practice room data gathering is in the works!)I suppose this matters more to those that live in areas with real seasons...Ron Kovalchicagoland