[pianotech] CTE's - what are you thoughts? (continuation of Re: Old can of worms)

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Sat May 12 19:39:40 MDT 2012

On 05/12/2012 05:36 PM, Tom Gorley wrote:
> It seems that all the responses are from "former" CTE's, and each of them remembers a little differently. During my
> tenure, in setting master tunings no ETD was allowed in the room. Three or more tuners had to agree on a setting
> before the tuning could continue.  After the tuning was considered complete, the ETD was brought in to record the
> results.
>
> A computer compared the master tuning results with the applicants tuning.  The scoring is entirely objective. The CTE
> makes no subjective assessment.
>
> I have not been up on rules changes. Why not just look up today's rules  ?  It's no secret.
>
> ---Tom G

Man, this just keeps getting better and better......

For an - "aural" - tuning test wouldn't the checking of the "master" tuning by ETD - be illegal (or wrong) ?????

By this definition, the examinee - should - be able to set the temperament - and - do the tuning by ETD.

Which if this were the case, then there would be absolutely no use for the test in the first place.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years